Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day in the Books!

Mar 22 is back to school for teachers so here I am back into a work routine. If this statement seems funny coming in March, remember that school calendars in South America generally run from April to January. We are up early enough to get our animals taken care of and lunches packed. Then my wife gets on her bus and I get on mine. First day for teachers, of course is fairly simple. We get a couple of meetings, spend some time networking with the other teachers and seeing what everybody did on their vacations. Then we check out our rooms - I got a new desk! We got the schedule for the next two weeks - filled with requirements for turning in curriculum plans, developing diagnostic tests and teaching workshops. On April 5 the 1st Course (US equivalent is 7th Grade) begins classes, while the rest of the secondary school, including myself, begins on 6 April.

After school was over I changed and did a cardio session on the school track. While doing that I heard a yell. Some of my oncoming seniors were at basketball practice. While the ladies had a water break we talked a bit and briefly got caught up. Fun! This has been my best group the last two years, and now they are seniors. I have big expectations for them - and me - for this year, they are such good kids, and strong students.

No comments:

Post a Comment